Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last Sunday


Now that we are private I am ready to start catching up! Last Sunday as I was getting ready for church I received a phone call from the Bishopric asking me to come in right away to meet with one of them. I thought this was a wee bit strange considering I already have a calling which I LOVE! I teach the 10/11/12 year old girls. It is seriously the best calling I have ever had. We have so much fun together! Well, I rushed down to the church to find out that I am getting a new calling! I am now the secretary in the primary presidency. When they announced it in sacrament meeting my girls heard and to my surprise were very sad. It was my last lesson with them last week and they were all depressed and it almost made me cry. The good news is I will still get to see them every week. They told me that they hope they won't get, "an old mean teacher"! They gave the primary president Sister Brady a hard time about it too. It made me feel really good that they like me so much. At first a couple of them were a struggle, but I love them all so much now and they are all very good girls.

Shad has been busy trying to organize Youth Conference this year for his calling. Once all those teenagers get to know him they are going to love him! The Conference is in August so it is only a couple months away. They still have a lot to do, but I know that kids are going to love it.

Here is a picture of Brinley wanting to snuggle with her bunny instead of get her "pretty" (that is what she calls her dress, shoes and hair pieces) on for church!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I teach that age too and I struggle with them...they are so bratty!!!

Love the pics of Brin on the bike...what a cute little sweetie!!

idona jepsen said...

this is so adorable...love your pictures soooo much..thanks for sharing...I try to save some, but most of them come up blank..maybe you'll just have to email them to me...love and miss you all sooooo very much...I can't tell you how excited I am to be a gramma again..love you ALLLL so much..give hugs & kisses to my sweet angel baby...xoxox mom

idona jepsen said...

trying to leave my comment..hummm hope it works this time..The pictures are so adorable. thanks for sharing...love and miss you sooo much...give my sweet angel baby hugs & kisses from gramma...:) love your blog..your grass looks awesome!!!! congradulations to all of you on your new addition to come soon...I am so excited to be a gramma again.. xoxoxox mom